Formed in 2009 with an objective of increasing literacy outcomes, members believe in “strengthening literacy through community”.
Current programming includes:
- FREE books on over 40 bookshelves located throughout the valley
- One to One tutoring in elementary schools
- Seminars for parents to support their children’s reading
- Technical Literacy for Seniors
- Family Literacy Events
Stay tuned for NEW programming coming soon!
- Active Stories for children age 3 to 6 and their caregiver
- Explore Art Literacy for children age 4 to 6 and their caregiver
The purposes of the society are:
- To identify the gaps in community literacy;
- To link community literacy services together;
- To work with community literacy partners to assist in filling the gaps of community literacy.